Sunday 14 May 2023

MASSCOM STUDENT

 

Why did I choose the Mass Communication course?

By Syazwani Binti Hamizan

       

    In fact, I never reached the point  to continue studying in this course. My ambition is actually to become a teacher, more specifically a teacher in the Malay language field. Ever since I was in school, I really liked this Malay subject. I am one of the students who often get the highest marks for the Malay language subject. In addition, I really like to communicate in front of many people. So I have always entered many competitions since I was in elementary school. I like entering poetry, speech,  and singing competitions. My confidence level is very high. I admit that when I'm on stage, I'm just like other people who have nervousness and anxiety but I'm good at controlling it. Win or lose is just a competition. As long as we try to gain experience.

Oh, I've run away from the original topic. My interest in the Malay language is very deep. When I was in the 5th grade, my classmates really disliked the Malay language subject. I also admit that the Malay language subject is quite challenging. Especially in SPM level. I can survive because I'm interested. If I'm not interested, how can I do it, right? For everyone's knowledge, in the Malay language subject  there is a topic called "novel" Students are required to read a short novel. The title of the novel is up to each state. Because I was so excited, I finished the novel in just two days. I can master and understand the content contained in the novel. Because my classmates were not interested in the novel and the presentation method of my subject teacher at that time, my subject teacher named Mrs. Haliza. Mrs.Haliza entrusted me to make a synopsis related to what I had read. With the hope that the language I deliver is easier to my classmate understand compared to our teachers. I was able to help my classmates who never read the novel in the exam. This is because they only remembered what I concluded without reading the novel.

In addition, the exercise book written by me is often used as an example by Mrs. Haliza to show to my classmates. Mrs. Haliza also asked me to teach and share the knowledge I know with other friends. I noticed my friend easily understood what I was saying. Since then, it has been etched in my heart to become a Malay language teacher in secondary school. My SPM results for the Malay language subject reached my target which is A. I am trying to apply at IPG Malaysia, I am shortlisted to attend the interview. But unfortunately my mental condition is not healthy, I could not be selected to be a student at IPG Malaysia I feel very discouraged due to failing the mental test that the IPG gave us. But my mother advised me not to give up . We applied UPU online  together, my mother told me, she wants me to take the Mass Communication course  .It is because she sees the potential in me. I can speak in public, I am an extrovert and much more. The most suitable course for people like me is Mass Communication. That's the reason why I took the Mass Communication course at UNISEL. I hope I can graduate on time and make my parents proud who made a lot of sacrifices for me to continue my studies at university.



4 comments:

NEW POST ! FRESH FROM OUR BRAIN !

TENTANG KAMI

THIS IS OUR STORIES By Us. Hi dari kiri, Nisa, Adib, Shahira, Wani dan yang bawah tu NIna. BAtch kami ada 6 orang, lagi sorang Hazwin. KIteo...